Weekly crypto sentiment brain-powered by the most authoritative experts from the trading network.
The last week wasn’t all rainbows and unicorns for bitcoin. The massive drop in price proceeded while the U.S. Justice Department decided to investigate last year’s bitcoin rally. Bakkt hit the news with the announcement on its bitcoin futures delay, preliminary till the 24th of January. And a loud buzz was created by the analysts sharing their gloomy predictions for the future of the most beloved cryptocurrency out there. Let’s recap if this week was any better:
- The week started with the announcement that Ohio businesses will be able to pay taxes in bitcoin, making Ohio the first state in the U.S. to officially accept cryptocurrency.
- Some unfavorable publicity followed when Zoobia Shahnaz from Long Island pleaded guilty in using bitcoin to fund the Islamic terror group ISIS activities. She defrauded Chase Bank, TD Bank, American Express and Discover for obtaining credit cards, purchasing bitcoin and converting it into cash destined to help terrorists.
- Moving on, the big announcement was made by Nasdaq, going forward in pursuing bitcoin futures launch, even in spite of all the cryptomarket instabilities. Nasdaq will launch “a regulated crypto 2.0 futures-type contract”, preliminary in the first quarter of 2019.
- Overall sentiment based on all ideas published on TradingView within the course of the last seven days was as follows: 55% of traders on the platform were bullish, and 45% were bearish. 50% bullish, 50% bearish is the ratio among the top 10 Bitcoin traders. The significant drop comparing to the previous week when 60% of top traders were bullish.
- TradingView user texagg22 shared one of the most popular bitcoin trading ideas of the week. He claimed that cryptocurrency “was not going to bring a revolution upon the bankers, and it’s at the mercy of the global macroeconomic environment, just like almost any asset class…” To learn where it takes us, check the details below or here.