Articles

Hijacking blockchain networking

Even though some might think that the golden age of blockchain projects is already over and if the same token sales were happening today there would be no SONM, ToTheMoon or HOQU, I would say that there are still funds to raise and numerous ventures to embark on, but the rules of the game are

2 months ago
1057
Articles

Baltic HoneyBadger Conference

Future Times: Is this your second conference? HoneyBadger Conference: Yes. FT: Last time, despite the fact that it was your first event, you got a good feedback. How did you come up with the idea and the format? HBC:  Speaking of ideas… in 2017 there were a lot of conferences that functioned like “pay us

4 months ago
764
Articles

Fixing Things That Suck

I first met Jonathan at a small blockchain conference in Gibraltar, and his friendly attitude, loud laughs, and the ability to endlessly entertain blew me away. He looked nothing like Brad Pitt, but 95% of people he came across seemed to like him ( the rest 5% did so A LOT), and even I witnessed

4 months ago
13805
Articles

What does it mean to be Bitfury in Russia?

Bitfury is a transnational blockchain company, well-known worldwide as the largest industrial miner outside China and a developer of different hard- and software solutions to work with Bitcoin blockchain. It is an international marketplayer branching their product on a national level in accordance with mining industry legislation. In a conversation with Bitfury principal representative in

4 months ago
2373
Articles

In investor’s shoes

Iskander Giniatullin, the partner in Sistema VC, managed media assets in the AFK Sistema before entering the venture industry. IG: Before coming to venture industry, I worked on how to transform the traditional portfolio of media assets in accordance with the principles of the new economy. At that time it became pretty obvious that venture

5 months ago
738
Articles
Interview

World’s first cool-liquid computers

Today’s estimates suggest that mining operations are now consuming as much or more electricity than the entire nation of Ireland or Austria. Mostly due to generating too much heat. But is it possible to use all the power of a computer in silence and cold? Yeap. Meet a hardware startup Comino that specializes in energy-efficient

5 months ago
568
Articles
Interview

Driverless Cars to Compete in Formula 1 Soon. Maybe.

Can Formula 1 be more exciting if utilizing artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain? Apparently, yes! We’ve already covered how disruptive tech implemented in the car industry is, but now we have even more news for those who follow racing, one of the most competitive sports in our solar system. In the recent years, established

5 months ago
250
Articles
Interview

Interview: Crypto Rally Crew

Crypto Rally will be held for the first time in Vilnius, Lithuania, July 20-22, in the nearest future – in Dubai, Miami and Slovenia. It’s a pretty unusual idea to give steering wheels to crypto experts, entrepreneurs and blockchain leaders, they will drive posh cars. The whole world is rushing into the “4th Industrial Revolution”

5 months ago
809
Articles

Blockchain for human rights: interview with Elisaveta Vereshagina

She fights for political prisoners (in particular, historian Dmitriev), arranges free lectures on human rights and stands for commemorating those repressed during the Communist era. She has also worked in one of the first Russian crypto media and held several meetups. How does one person manage all that? Call it a mystery. We talked about

5 months ago
14034
Articles

PIXIES: a blockchain-based fairytale

As I entered a spacious high ceiling room with whitewashed columns covered in monograms, the atmosphere and luring charm of the place took my away my breath along with the last bits of memory. A flashing “Why am I here again?” awakened my mind. Blockchain always seemed to live in cellars with dark interior (I

5 months ago
3337
Articles
Interview

Interview: Artem Gurevych @SibCoin

COO of Sibcoin Foundation and founder of the Blockchain Name System start-up and  Israeli Blockchain Association expert, Artem Gurevych, is devoted to the ideals of decentralization and market stabilization, what in his case usually means something others lose their head over looking at the bitcoin rates. Why do you think the world cаme to digital

5 months ago
1321
Articles

Interview: Bruno Livi @ AnarchaPortugal

On the 19-20th of July, the great city of Porto, Portugal, a place world wide known for surfing, will gather those, who change the rules of surfing online. 25 speakers, though leaders in tech, philosophy, education, art, consciousness and wellness come to AnarchaPortugal event to focus on conscious decentralization. Future Times chatted with a Founder

5 months ago
387
Load more